Club of the year
CLUB OF THE YEAR—Linwood Acres Garden Club was named Garden Club of the Year in the Green Category by District V of the Texas Garden Clubs for 2015. The award is based on the meetings, community activities, donations, other areas. In 2016 the club has already completed projects for Valentine’s Full Story
Food handlers class set for June 30 at chamber
Food safety: It’s in your hands
A Food Handlers Class, accredited by the Texas Department of State Health Services, is being offered by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Milam County.
“Food Safety: It’s In Your Hands” is scheduled for June 30 and July 19 at the Cameron Chamber of Commerce meeting room at 102 East First St. , Cameron. Time will start at 5 p.m. and last about 1½ hours. Full Story
4-H summer day camps, pool day offered
MILAM 4-H NEWS
Milam County 4-H Day Camps and Pool Day being offered:
• June 23: Cameron 4-H Day at the Pool, 1-4 p.m., Cameron City Pool
• July 13: Water Day Camp, YEB-Cameron, All Ages
• July 21: FCS Camp, Abiding Lutheran Church-Cameron, All ages
Please pre-register by calling the Milam County Extension Office at 254- 697-7045. Full Story
USDA food safety during hot summer
Clean: Wash Hands and Surfaces Often
• Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after handling food and after using the bathroom or changing diapers.
• Wash your hands after playing with pets or visiting petting zoos. Full Story
Copyright 2009-2016 Rockdale Reporter, All Rights Reserved.