Gill's shooting suspect indicted on separate charge
A 19-year-old Rockdale man, who was arrested last week in connection with the shooting of a convenience store owner, was indicted Thursday on a separate charge by a Milam County Grand Jury.
Tony Eugene Crawford was indicted for possession of a prohibited substance in a correctional facility, according to prosecutor Kerry Spears.
Five days previously Crawford had been charged with aggravated robbery in connection with the non-fatal shooting of 52-yearold Gurmail Gill of Rockdale in the parking lot of Gill's Shop-N-Go on Oct. 9, 2008.
Demarcus Tindle, 20, of Rockdale was also charged in that incident. After Crawford was arrested charges were dropped against 37- year-old Luther Waddell.
Spears said the case of 31- year-old David Brian Jeter of Rockdale, listed as the driver in the pickup-pedestrian accident which claimed the life of 18-yearold Rudy Carranza of Thorndale on March 13 was not considered at this grand jury session.
State Trooper Er ik Gaston turned the results of his investigation into the FM 486 incident over to the prosecutor's office.
Spears listed other indictments as follows:
• Kenneth Eugene Drone, 26, Cameron, possession of a controlled substance (4 to 200 grams) with intent to deliver.
• Curtis Wayne Adams, 30, Cameron, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
• Sederrick Alcorn, 24, Rockdale, sexual assault, enhanced.
• Jejuan Shauntel Cooks, 29, Hearne, possession of a controlled substance (4 to 200 grams) with intent to deliver,
• Leonard Craven, 41, Hearne, possession of a controlled substance (4 to 200 grams) with intent to deliver.
• Rosalinda Rubio Lavato, 43, Rockdale, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, burglary of a habitation.
• Joshua Lee Maricle, 25, Cameron, burglary of a habitation, injury to child.
• Graciela Rodriguez, 52, Thorndale, burglary of a habitation.
• Timothy Salazar, 33, Rockdale, indecency with a child.
• Richard Vargas, 28, Cameron, prohibited substance in correctional facility.
• Tammy Smith, 39, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Richard Kennedy, 45, Milano, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), unlawful possession of a firearm.
• Joseph Michael Wa r ren, 22, Rockdale, aggravated sexual assault.