Thorndale trustees okay finance plan
THORNDALE—School trustees in Thorndale on Monday formally approved a financing plan for a half-million in renovations to athletic facilities.
The plan includes a new weight room, new football field lights, a new dressing room facility at the old THS gym and a new roof for the old gym, according to Robert Lindemann, TISD business manager.
Board members, meeting in regular session in the TISD board room, okayed a non-bond issue financing plan.
Maintenance tax notes and time warrants will be issued, Lindemann said.
Trustees also named Kade Burns as the new TISD head football coach/AD (see sports column, page 1C.)
In other business board members:
• Discussed preliminary 2009 TAKS scores.
• Approved the engineered slab to renovations of the old gym.
• Okayed an amendment to the band program budget.
• Took no action on an agenda item to nominate a board member to fill a position on the Texas A ssociation of School Board (TASB) board of directors.
• Approved the 2009-10 transfer list.
• Agreed to purchase a portable building.