Couple draws indictments in Brookshire Bros. theft
CA MERON—A 24-year-old Madisonville man and his 19- year-old girlfriend, a Rockdale resident, were indicted by Milam County grand jury Thursday in connection with the April 28 theft of $12,000 from Brookshire Bros.
Both O'Bryan David Roark and Kristen Roberts were charged with theft ($1,500 to $20,000) in connection with the Brookshire Bros. theft. Roark was also charged w ith evading arrest with a motor vehicle and debit card abuse in connection with an April 11 incident that ended in a 100-mile-per hour highway chase.
Rockdale police said the theft charge alleges Rober ts, who worked at the super market, took cash from the store at the close of business and "walked out the front door," an incident which was captured on surveillance video.
Police allege Roark picked her up and the couple then left the Rockdale area.
Roark was arrested in Madisonv ille and Rober ts turned herself in after relatives picked her up at an out-of-state location. About $2,000 in cash was recovered along with about $1,500 in electronics police believe was purchased with stolen cash.
On April 11 officers from a halfdozen law enforcement agencies chased a Chevrolet Cavalier from The Flats area of Rockdale to the Y-intersection outside Cameron, ending when a state trooper deployed spike strips.
The car careened off the road and Roark was arrested.
Prosecutor Kerry Spears listed other indictments as follows:
• Justin Brent Turner, 46, Lexington, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Owanisha Lewis, 17, Cameron, assault on a public servant.
• James Edward Collins, 24, Gause, burglary of a habitation.
• Jaime Izaguirre Barron, 41, Cameron, driving while intoxicated third or more offense.
• Lizza Michelle Flores, 19, Taylor, forgery by passing.
• Peter Porras, 51, Fort Worth, burglary of a habitation.
• Chelsea Elizabeth Snyder, 17, Rockdale, assault on a public servant.
• Dewayne Alfred Stephens, 35, Milano, sexual assault of a child.
• Antonio Vargas Jr., 25, Cameron, assault family violence, attempted sexual assault.
• Jennifer Louise White, 23, Cameron, driving while intoxicated with passenger under 15.
• Jamie Juanita Bautista, 22, Hearne, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Robie Lee Lawhon, 17, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram) in a drug-free zone.
• Ethan Sabo, 19, Rockdale, sexual assault of a child.
• Joel Hernandez Marquez, 25, Buckholts, evading arrest with a motor vehicle.
• Luther James Waddell, 37, Rockdale, theft (under $1,500) with prior convictions.
• Lonnie Jared Sutton, 24, Milano, evading arrest with a motor vehicle.
• Jason Harris, 30, Rockdale, indecency with a child.
• Wayne Lynn Ireland Jr., 19, Thorndale, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
• Raymond Soliz, 28, Houston, theft (under $1,500) with prior convictions.
• Daniel Gonzales, 43, Houston, driving while intoxicated with passenger under 15.
• Clyde Jack Anderson, 53, Rockdale, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, enhanced.
• Brittany Dawn Smith, 18, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Gerald Graves, 20, Rockdale, retaliation, four counts.
• Steven Neal Thompson, 46, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Fernando Reyes, 39, Cameron, driving while intoxicatedthird or more offense.