Senior photo shoot moved to Murray St.
The location for Rockdale High School senior yearbook photos has been moved according to Linda King, RHS yearbook advisor. The new location is the annex at Murray Street Church of Christ.
Prestige Portraits had scheudule all senior portraits for July 9-10 at the high school, but the school is closed. Portraits will now be taken at the annex. Go in the south entrance facing the new high school building., King said.
Scheduled times for the photos remain the same, King said.
Ohlswager gets degree from Washington St.
PULLMA N, WA- Sue A nn Ohlswager was awarded her bachelor's degree with honors during spring 2009 commencement ceremonies at Washington State University. She graduated magna cum laude with a degree in Humanities.
New school shots
Changes to school immunization requirements for five vaccines take effect Aug. 1. A ll immunizations must be completed by the first day of attendance at public and private schools.
• Hepatitis A vaccine- Students entering kindergarten statewide must have had 2 doses of the Hepatitis A vaccine.
• Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine- Students entering kindergarten must have had 2 doses of the MMR vaccine. Students in grades 1- 12 must continue to meet the current requirement, which is 2 doses of a measles-containing vaccine and 1 dose each of mumps and rubella vaccine.
• Varicella vaccine- Students entering kindergarten and 7th grade must have had two doses. Students in grades 1 - 6 and 8- 12 must continue to meet the current requirement, which is 1 dose of varicella vaccine.
• Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis-containing vaccine (Tdap): Students entering 7th grade must have had one dose of Tdap vaccine. Students in 7th grade must have had a booster dose of Tdap, but only if it has been 5 years since their last dose of a tetanus-containing vaccine. Students in grades 8- 12 must have had a booster dose of Tdap if it has been 10 years since their last dose of a tetanus-containing vaccine.
• Menigococcal vaccine- Students entering 7th grade must have had 1 dose.