Nine facing drug charges after latest raid in Cameron
Cameron police, deputy sheriffs, the Department of Public Safety, the Milam County Sheriff's Department and two constables served a narcotics-related search warrant at 907 North Nolan in Cameron, a residence police termed a "drug dealer hangout."
"Crack cocaine and marijuana were found at the residence and there was gambling paraphernalia in the garage and a gambling table where bets were placed on dice games," Cameron Police Lt. Kris Stringer said.
Stringer said police had received numerous complaints about drug dealing and gambling at the residence "with lots of vehicle and foot traffic at all hours of the day."
• Karl Jasper Bradley, 44, Cameron, felony cocaine possession, marijuana possession, providing an illegal gambling place, attorney general warrant for non-payment of child support. in custody on $15,000 bond.
• Shaterica Vaquon Bennett, 27, Cameron, interfering with police, providing an illegal gambling place, released on $6,500 bond.
• Michael Vidaure, 23, Caldwell, cocaine possession, marijuana possession, illegal gambling, in custody on $10,000 bond, fined $567.
• James Earl Allen, 39, Caldwell, cocaine possession, marijuana possession, illegal gambling, released on $10,000 bond, fined $567.
• Shane Latroy Ew ing, 22, Cameron, cocaine possession, marijuana possession, illegal gambling, released on $10,000 bond, fined $567.
• Nathan Ewing Jr., 61, Cameron, cocaine possession, marijuana possession, illegal gambling, released on $10,000 bond, fined $567.
• Raymond Charles Childs, 67, Cameron, marijuana possession, released on $1,500 bond.
• Christopher Demon Johnson, 27, Cameron, cocaine possession, two counts of marijuana possession, illegal gambling, released on $15,000 bond, fined $567.
• One juvenile male was charged with cocaine possession and marijuana possession, case was transferred to juvenile authorities.
Sheriff David Greene said other calls for the Milam County Sheriff's department included:
Aug. 18—Reckless driver, Texas 36; identity theft, CR 350; deputy requested, FM 2095; reckless driver, San Gabriel; suspicious vehicle, CR 359; alarm, South 11th Street, Cameron; reckless driver, FM 1444; theft, CR 344 Loop; suspicious activity, CR 352.
Aug. 19—Auto burglary, Whippoorwill Drive; animal nuisance, CR 269; harassment, Gause; child welfare concern, Circle Drive; illegal dumping, CR 236; disturbance, Western Hills Road; stolen vehicle, CR 342.
Thursday—Drug activity reported, Rockdale; civil standby, Rice Street, Rockdale; 911 call terminated, Western Hills Road, Rockdale; animal abuse/cruelty, US 190; animal nuisance, FM 2268; alarm, CR 328; reckless driver, Texas 36.
Friday—Forgery, Cameron; burglary, CR 227; phone harassment; east CR 255; stranded motorist, south Texas 36; reckless driver, FM 486; reckless driver, Texas 36; disturbance, west US 79; reckless driver, west US 79.
Saturday—Welfare concern, FM 487; disturbance, south US 77; property theft, CR 354; identity theft, CR 380; theft, CR 354; suspicious person/vehicle, CR 106; animal nuisance, Capital Lane, Davilla.
Sunday—Welfare concern, CR 304; loud music, FM 1444; warrant served, arrest made, FM 485; welfare concern, FM 1444; burglar alarm, CR 353; civil matter, Hogan Street, Rockdale.
Monday—Civil matter, Northwood Drive; 911 transfer, US 79; 911 hangup, CR 443; larceny/ theft, east US 79.