Three families that are descended from William Sterling Dowdy and Germania Hester Dowdy were honored recently in Austin by the Land Heritage Program, administered by the Texas Department of Agriculture. The original land was purchased by Dowdy in 1908 and has been owned and operated by Dowdy family members for over 100 years. Those on the floor of the Texas House of Representatives to be honored included: (L-R) William Charles Holcombe and Clara Grace King Holcombe Sherrill for Chicken Inn Division of Circle S Ranch; Andrew David Holcombe and Roderick Wayne Holcombe for Roderick W. Holcombe Ranch; and William Ernest Dowdy and William Sterling Dowdy for Dowdy 1st Pasture-Division of Dowdy Ranch. In 2008, Clara Grace King Holcombe Sherrill and Roderick Wayne Holcombe were honored for owning and operating Pin Oak Division of Circle S Ranch. This ranch was purchased by Nicholas Hester in 1881 and remained as part of the L. Hester Estate from 1923-1991. William Hester Dowdy (Bal) and Jean Ellen Hartfield Dowdy were also honored in 2008 for owning and operating Allen Creek Ranch for over 100 years. This land was purchased by Nichols Hester in 1883 and remained as part of the L. Hester Estate from 1923-1991.