Football fans work together to benefit CPS
Last week was another great week in Rockdale and I am so happy to be in this town. Of course the weather change has made a big difference and seeing everything green again is very uplifting.
We held a ribbon cutting for Shady Grove RV Park and Laundromat, which is open to the public. The laudromat has two large washers for that big bedspread or when the children come home from college, 15 washers and 9 dryers.
Over $1,000 for CPS
We also had the Rockdale and Cameron football game and the Child Protective Services raised $1,022 thanks to the generous people on both sides of the field. It's great when a county can come together for a common cause and helping the children is one of those great efforts. So thank you for all who gave to Child Protective Services Board for the foster children.
Another great aspect of that game is that Rockdale city officials hosted Cameron city officials in a hamburger cookout before the game. What a great way for these two communities to come together.
Cameron started this last year and I am glad to think that this has already become a tradition.
With October comes all of the busyness of fall. The Rockdale Fair gets it all going and the holidays are not far behind. October is chock full of activities from various clubs and organizations around town and definitely will keep us busy all month:
• Lions' Club golf tournament on Saturday, Oct. 3
• Chili Cookoff at the VFW and Auction that same day for the American Legion on Saturday, Oct. 10
• Of course, the Rockdale Fair Oct. 14-17
• Dr. Garna Christian speaking at the library at 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 22
• The Living History at the Depot at 9 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 24
• Healing Handzz is sponsoring a Health Fair at 9 a.m. Saturday Oct. 31
This will be a busy month!
Until next time I leave you with this: Whoever doesn't know the past must have little understanding of the present and no vision of the future.