Six draw district court sentences
Six persons were sentenced last week in 20th District Court, according to Prosecutor Kerry Spears who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Peter Porras, 51, Fort Worth, pleaded guilty to criminal trespass habitation (Class A misdemeanor), 90-day jail term probated one year, $339 restitution.
• James Williams III, 49, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to harassment of a public servant, 10-year prison term. Williams also received a 10-year prison term after pleading guilty to assault of a public servant.
• C. J. Stockton, 22, Temple, pleaded true to violating probation conditions to possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram). His probation was revoked and he was sentenced to a 15-month state jail term.
• Eliazia Hollan, 27, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to theft ($1,500 to $20,000), five years deferred adjudication probation, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, $1,797.98 restitution. She also pleaded guilty to prohibited substance in a correctional facility and was assessed five years deferred adjudication probation, substance abuse facility and any recommended treatment and $140 restitution.
• James Edward Collins, 24, Gause, pleaded guilty to burglary of a habitation, four-year prison term probated for five years, $100 restitution.
A 25-year-old Madisonville man was sentenced for his part in a theft at Brookshire Bros and a chase involving police.
See story page 1A.