Commissioners give airpark final approval
Milam County commissioners, meeting Monday at the courthouse, gave final approval to an airpark subdivision to be located near Thorndale.
Preliminary approval for the Diamond K subdivision, off FM 908, was given by commissioners in October.
At that time, developers Dean Krahn of Thorndale, and his brother, Dave Krahn of Puyallup, Washington, said the nearly 20-acre subdivision included 11 lots for homes, a 1,462-foot grass runway and hangers.
The Krahns said the development is envisioned to attract owners of small planes, not necessarily air commuters.
Vote to approve the Diamond K subdivision was unanimous.
In other business Monday, commissioners:
• Tabled appointment of a representative to the Post Oak Savannah Groundwater Conservation District board of directors.
• Approved McCreary, Veselka, Bragg & Allen, attorneys at law, for the collection of delinquent fees and fines for Milam County.
• Agreed to appoint a data advisory board during the court's Nov. 23 meeting.
• Declared November as Texas Home and Hospice Month.
• Proclaimed Dec. 10 as Tree of Angels Day.
• Okayed a utility installation request with Salem Elm Ridge Water Supply Corporation on County Road 206.