News

Dog rescue, smoke scares for firefighters

It was a week of variety for area firefighters in calls dispatched through the Rockdale Police Station.

Rockdale VFD volunteers rescued a dog from a well at 3:13 p.m. Sunday on Fourth Street.

Other calls included:

• 11:10 p.m. Friday, smoke in residence, 1000 block of west US 79, Rockdale VFD.

• 8:14 p.m. Fr iday, smoke smell in dining room of Renaissance Villa, 700 Dyer, Rockdale VFD.

• 8:09 a.m. Friday, possible structure fire, Champions Drive, turned out to be steam from pool heater, Rockdale VFD.

• 4:43 p.m. Nov. 3, grass fire County Road 455, Thorndale VFD.

• 8:36 p.m. Friday, possible carbon monoxide in residence, 600 block of Ackerman, Rockdale ISD.

• 8:09 p.m. Thursday, fire of unknown type adjacent near FM 1786, Rockdale VFD unable to locate any fire.


Click here for digital edition
2009-11-12 digital edition



The burn ban for Milam County has been lifted. Burning is always prohibited in the county's municipalities.


Special Sections


Special Sections
Archive