News

A DAY AT THE BLEACH


A DAY AT THE BLEACH A vendor accidentally spilled about three ounces of water softener into bleach while servicing washing machines in the gym wing at Rockdale High School Monday morning. Dr. Howell Wright, superintendent, said the district decided to "err on the side of caution" and called the Rockdale Volunteer Fire Department to dispose of the mixture. Both gyms were closed until the "chemical spill" was removed. At left above Principal Chad Jones (suit) and Athletic Director Jeff Miller look over the situation as RVFD members use fans to fumigate the gym wing. A DAY AT THE BLEACH A vendor accidentally spilled about three ounces of water softener into bleach while servicing washing machines in the gym wing at Rockdale High School Monday morning. Dr. Howell Wright, superintendent, said the district decided to "err on the side of caution" and called the Rockdale Volunteer Fire Department to dispose of the mixture. Both gyms were closed until the "chemical spill" was removed. At left above Principal Chad Jones (suit) and Athletic Director Jeff Miller look over the situation as RVFD members use fans to fumigate the gym wing.


Click here for digital edition
2009-11-19 digital edition



The burn ban for Milam County has been lifted. Burning is always prohibited in the county's municipalities.


Special Sections


Special Sections
Archive