Nine sentenced in court action
CAMERON—Nine persons were sentenced last week in 20th District Court, according to Prosecutor Kerry Spears who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Billy Clark Bennett, 36, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to retaliation, eight-year probated prison term.
• Frederick Buhler, 38, San Antonio, pleaded guilty to forgery by passing, 10-day county jail term, $392.01 restitution.
• Matthew Martin, 21, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, four years deferred adjudication probation, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, $450 restitution.
• James Nolan Cavazos, 42, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to intoxication assault, 10-year prison term probated six years, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, ignition interlock on primary vehicle, driver’s license suspended for one year, $1,500 restitution, 30-day jail term.
• Sandra Jean Jackson, 58, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to a lesser Class A misdemeanor offense of attempted theft ($1,500 to $20,000), 180-day county jail term probated one year, $1,000 fine, $366.38 restitution.
• Rocky Van Wilson, 41, Gause pleaded guilty to two counts of forgery by passing, two 10-year prison terms, probated five years, $2,945.30 restitution.
• Harry Dale Smith, 55, Cameron, pleaded no contest to a lesser Class A misdemeanor offense of assault with bodily injury, 59-day county jail term.
• Joshua Kyle Gwyn, 29, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (1 to 4 grams) with intent to deliver, 7-year prison term. He also pleaded guilty to tampering with a government record and drew a 12-month state jail term.
• Alex Brown Jr., 27, Cameron, pleaded guilty to theft (under $1,500) with prior convictions, 12- month state jail term.