Reporter lists political announcement guidlines
The 2010 primary filing season is here and The Reporter asks candidates to please follow these guidelines:
• The first announcement will be free. Everything following will be paid advertising.
• E-mail is the preferred method for announcements (send to firstname.lastname@example.org) but typed or hand-written announcements will be accepted.
• A photo should accompany each submission. Again, an email attachment is preferred but actual photos may be submitted. The newspaper will also take a photo “mug shot” if the candidate will call in advance and set up an appointment.
• Please keep announcements under 300 words.
• All submissions will be edited for grammar and style. We’ll try not to edit content.
• Statements should focus on the candidate, their qualifications and background and not attack opponents.
• Statements may be mailed to: The Rockdale Reporter, PO Box 552, Rockdale, TX 76567, phone 512-446-5838.
• Please include an e - mail address or phone number in case we have any questions.