Rockdale ISD re-hires administrators
Dr. Wright, who recently began his second year as RISD superintendent, received a 3.3-percent raise to $108,500 annually.
Given new two-year contracts were the following:
Penny Curry, assistant superintendent of instruction; April Eschberger, junior-high principal.
Robin Faulkner, elementary principal; Allen Sanders, junior-high assistant principal; Kurt Streck, intermediate assistant principal.
Nicholas Reeves, high school assistant principal, who had been working on a one-year probationary contract, was awarded a one-year term contract for 2010-2011.
That’s only half the RISD administrators. Contracts for the other half come before the board on odd-numbered years.
In other business Monday, trustees:
• Heard president James Birkhead appoint the following committees: Budget, Barbara Grayson, Mike Pruett, Lisa Gerthe; facilities, Lee Jenkins, Michelle Lehmkuhl, Wayne Fisher. The board president is a member of both committees.
• Viewed a presentation on Rock- dale Junior High’s Positive Behavior Supports and Interventions (PAWS) behavior program.
• Set 10 a.m. March 22 to draw for places for the May 8 school board election.
• Okayed electronic signatures for personnel contracts.
• Approved the RISD’s out-ofdistrict student transfer policy with no changes from the previous year.
• Okayed the Texas Association of School Board as RISD’s property, liability and vehicle insurance carrier.