Scholarship deadlines approaching at RISD
Deadlines for many scholarships available for Rockdale High School students are looming, some as soon as next month.
Kathie Bowermon, counselor, listed scholarships, qualifications and deadlines as follows:
• Angelo State University Carr ROTC Scholarship, participation in the ROTC program at Angelo State, May 1.
• Bartlett Electric Cooperative Lawrence Karl Memorial, parent who is a Bartlett Co-Op member, at least a 90 overall average, April 2.
• Bluebonnet Electric Co-Op Academic, parent who is a Bluebonnet Co-Op member, academic college/ university, March 19.
• Bluebonnet Electric Co-op Vocational, parent who is a Bluebonnet Co-Op member, vocational or trade school, March 19.
• Chuck Betchan Athletic Scholarship, athlete at RHS, April 19.
• Crown Garden Club, major in horticulture or related field, April 15.
• Germaine Dawson Athletic Scholarship, athlete at RHS, April 19.
• Goss-Michael Foundation, visual arts, March 31.
• Howard Payne University Merit, scholarships for academic and/or SAT/ACT scores, no deadline listed.
• Kohl’s Kids Who Care, students who make a positive impact on their community, March 15.
• Louise Hale Sessions Memorial Scholarship/Matinee Musical Club, active in music and plan to continue participation in some type of music program, April 30.
• National Sorghum Challenge Scholarship, major agriculturally based, May 31.
• Richards Memorial Auxiliar y Scholarship, major in health care, May 7.
• Rockdale Athletic Booster Club, Athlete at RHS, April 19.
• Rockdale Tennis Association, played tennis for RHS for at least two years, April 23.
• Rotary Club Academic, college/ university, at least a 90 overall average, April 9.
• Rotary Club Vocational or Trade School, at least an 80 overall average, April 9.
• Scott & White Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, attend Temple College or UMHB with major in health related field, April 1.
• Taylor-Brown Education Fund, 2.5 GPA or higher, income based on no higher than $40,000, essay, April 30.
• Texas A&M Soil & Crop Sciences Depar tment, major agronomy or plant & environmental soil science, contact TAMU.
• Thursday Reading Club Bootsie Peebles Memorial Medical Scholarship, major medical related field, April 16.