Commissioners finish naming roads panel
CAMERON—Milam County commissioners, meeting Monday in regular session in the county courthouse, completed appointment of a county roads committee.
Gary Morgan and Byron Wise were selected from Precinct 3 and Precinct 4 members will be Keith Fisher and Johnny Demsky.
Two weeks ago commissioners made the following appointments:
At large— Al Atkins, William Dark.
Precinct 1— Jack Cook, Randy Simcek.
Precinct 2— Edwin Maas Jr., Steve Urban.
The committee will review options for improving and maintaining the county’s 400-mile network of unpaved, rural roads.
In other business Monday, commissioners:
• Recognized Precinct 1 JP Chip Dunsmoor and Precinct 3 Court Clerk Lilly Griffin who were recently named Judge of the Year and Clerk of the Year by the Central Texas JP and Constables Association.
• Recognized Precinct 3 JP Twila Harris (25 years) as the longest serving elected county official.
• Okayed an $18,000, 48- month lease for eight copiers.
• Appointed Darlene Tucker to the Milam County Historical Commission.
• Named Geri Burnett, Delores Sonntag, Gloria Thrasher, Elaine Baumann, Darlene Anglen and Johnilyn Brown to the Certified Local Government panel.