TXU posts ‘summer solution’ website
DALLAS—Just in time for the hot summer season, TXU Energy has launched an interactive, Webbased suite of tools and resources aimed at helping customers lower their electricity bills through better control of their energy usage.
The website, located at txu. com/billhelp is designed to give consumers the ability to identify common causes of high electricity costs and provides a number of easy-to-use tools to help consumers learn about and manage their energy consumption.
Website highlights include: • An Energy Thieves Calculator that helps identify household devices that continue to draw power even when they’re not in use;
• An Energy Savings Guide for indoor and outdoor tips to save energy;
• The TXU Energy Personal Energy Advisor that provides a list of tools, tips and projects which can help them reduce usage based on their responses to a few simple questions;
• A section on understanding electricity costs with information to help consumers understand their bills by walking them through how to read their meters and understand their bills;
• Information on TXU Energy AidSM, the company’s bill payment assistance program;
• Information on TXU Energy’s lowincome discount program. TXU Energy is the only retail electric provider in Texas that voluntarily provides an approximate 10 percent discount for participating low-income customers.
• Information on the TXU Energy summer moratorium on disconnects for customers in need.
• Access to the the company’s Average Monthly Billing program that helps smooth out the seasonal highs and lows of customers’ electricity bills.