New streets ‘fill in the blanks’
A paving/street reconstruction project covering areas all over Rockdale didn’t target long, new thoroughfares but “filled in the blanks” of areas which had been missed as the town grew in past decades.
More than 20 streets received either asphalt or emulsion/ rock topping, according to City Manager Kelvin Knauf.
Veterans Memorial Park got a new, paved parking lot on the Brazos Street side.
Here’s a list of most of the streets included in the project:
• Coffield, Alcoa to Highland.
• Ortega, Alcoa to Highland.
• Crockett, Belton to Cameron.
• Sanford, Cameron to dead end.
• Pine, White to Roberts.
• Burleson, San Andres to dead end.
• North, Wilcox to Travis. • Hairston, Walnut to Pine. • Bonham, Milam to Cameron.
• Hillyer, Wilcox to Cameron.
• Shelton, Copeland to Williams.
• Williams, Miller to Copeland.
• Houston, Cameron to Milam.
• Allday, Cameron to city limits.
• Milam, Pear to Houston.
• Pine, Mill to White.
• Milam, San Gabriel to Bonham.