Fire calls dispatched to South Milam County volunteer fire departments during the past week from the Rockdale Police Station were listed as follows:
• 7:43 a.m. Sept. 7, utility pole on fire, CR 346 at CR 345, Milano VFD.
• 2:59 a.m. Sept. 8, fire alarm ind ic ated at Rockda le Hig h School, Rockdale VFD responded and could not locate any fire.
• 8:32 p.m. Sept. 8, Rockdale VFD called to CR 327 to search for missing teen, see story on suicide, page 1A.
• 1:34 p.m. Friday, Rockdale VFD called to KC Hall to set up landing zone, and provide lift assistance, for medical helicopter run.
• 12:28 a.m. Saturday, Rockdale VFD called to Ham Branch area for “unknown fire w ith heavy smoke,” turned out to be a barbecue pit.
• 5:26 p.m. Sunday. Thorndale VFD responded to one-vehicle fatal wreck on FM 1331 near FM 1768, see story at top of this page.
• 11:55 a.m. Monday, Rockdale VFD called to accident on FM 487 and FM 1712.
• 2:34 p.m. Monday, Thorndale VFD responded to car fire at 2500 CR 455 in Thorndale.
• 5:08 p.m. Monday, Gause VFD responded to grass fire on CR 262 in Gause.
One case was disposed of in 20th District Court during the past week, according to Prosecutor Kerry Spears who said Natasha Yvette Duffie, 22, of Cameron pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (28 to 200 grams) and was placed on two years deferred adjudication probation and ordered to pay $140 restitution.