Members awarded, recognitions handed out at 4-H banquet
The first ever “4-H Celebration” was held on Sunday at the KC Hall in Rockdale with about 200 people attending and learning about projects and activities. The celebration (formerly called the annual award banquet) had the theme “4-H Steers You Right” submitted by Keaton Popham, Milano 4-Her, and is also the theme for Milam County 4-H activities for 2010-11 year.
“4-H Celebration” started with award presentations to recognize 4-Hers on accomplishments and supporters for assistance given to 4-H. Elaine Luckey, county council chairman served as the mistress of ceremonies with council officers, leaders and supporters presenting awards.
The top awards given to 4- Hers are the Gold Star, Silver Star, Bronze Star and I Dare You Awards. These awards can only be received one time in a 4-Her’s career. To apply for these awards, a 4-Her must submit a complete record book and go through an interview process to be selected for these awards. Winners of these awards were:
SILVER STARS–A. J. Harwell, Cameron 4-H, son of David and Tricia Harwell; Kami Hooker, Cameron 4-H, daughter of Tommy and Stacy Hooker; Anna Snowden, Gause 4-H, daughter of Chip and Phyllis Snowden.
BRONZE STAR–Julia Harwell, Cameron 4-H, daughter of David and Tricia Harwell; Kelton Hooker, Cameron 4-H, son of Tommy and Stacy Hooker.
‘I DARE YOU’–Madeline Kostroun, Cameron 4-H, daughter of David and Jennifer Kostroun; Luke Snowden, Gause 4-H, son of Chip and Phyllis Snowden; Tyler Vrazel, Cameron 4-H, son of Gary and Marlene Vrazel.
STATE WINNERS– The Celebration continued by recognizing first time state winners. As a first time state award winner, 4-Hers receive a jacket or blanket from a local sponsor. Here are the winners:
• Chandler Bar ton, sponsored by Anderle Lumber Company represented by James Anderle.
• Caitlin Garcia, sponsored by Bank of Texas in Thorndale.
• Ethan Krumnow, sponsored by Bland Construction.
• Kelton Hooker, sponsored by Bradley Plumbing represented by Carl Bradley.
• Gracen Dach, sponsored by Buckholts State Bank represented by Kimberly Dach.
• Paxton Reisner, sponsored by Cameron Cleaners and Circle S BBQ, representing Sam Berry was Karen Berry.
• Jaxon Hayles, sponsored by EBCO Development.
• Kendall Lee, sponsored by Ideal Poultry.
• Andrew Stolte, sponsored by Buddy and Marilyn Johnson.
• Cheyenne Lee, sponsored by M&M Farm Supply of Cameron.
• Julia Harwell, sponsored by Rockdale Federal Credit Union represented by Bethany Fisher.
• Kellie Foster, sponsored by Rockdale General Store.
• Kaylee Jackson, sponsored by Rodenbeck’s Farm & Ranch, representing Trey Felton was Marcia Felton.
• Kevin Crouch, Laura Eichinger and Emily Fuchs from Cameron placed first at the Invitational Poultry Contest at State 4-H Roundup this year.
Also recognized were the following repeat state winners: Erin Bradley, Patrick Cobb, Cameron Cooper, Patrick Dean, William Dean, Kayleigh Farek, Devin Fisher, Hannah Hux, Kristian Lee, Elaine Luckey, Emily McCoy, Evan McCoy, Cheyenne McWilliams, Natasha Ramthun, Anna Snowden, Benjamin Snowden, Lydia Snowden, Luke Snowden, Seth Snowden and Karl Woelfel.
ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS– 4-Hers were also recognized with county achievement awards based on the applications they submitted.
Rookie Award–Neeraji Bhakta
Clover Novice Award– Colby Barton, Rebecca Kostroun, Jacob Pedroza, Gabriel Ramthun, Seth Snowden
Honor Roll Award–Chandler Barton, Gracen Dach, Julia Harwell, Kaylee Jackson
All Star Award–Collin Kostroun, Danielle Pedroza, Anna Snowden, Lydia Snowden
Letterman Award–A.J. Harwell, Madeline Kostroun, Emily McCoy, Evan McCoy, Natasha Ramthun, Luke Snowden, Tyler Vrazel
4-Hers were recognized for the calendar drawing contest following the 4-H theme - “4-H Steers You Right.” The following winners and additional drawings are a part of the 2010-11 Milam County 4-H Calendar.
Beginners–Kyrene Jackson, first place; Kevin Junek, second place.
Juniors–Kassidy Hundle, first place; Kaylee Jackson, second place; Kendall Lee, third place.
Intermediates–Julianna Byrd, first place; Ginny Cunningham, second place; Jack Gruber, third place.
4-Hers who submitted recordbooks for last year’s accomplishments were also recognized during the Celebration. Milam County Commissioners George Tomek and Kenneth Hollas presented project awards to the 4-Hers.
Cameron 4-H–Chandler Barton, Colby Barton, Jarrett Beckhusen, Neeraj Bhakta, Carson Cobb, Patrick Cobb, Gracen Dach, Alan Harwell, Julia Harwell, Kami Hooker, Kerrigan Hooker, Kelton Hooker, Kassidy Hundle, Collin Kostroun, Madeline Kostroun, Rebecca Kostroun, Gabriel Ramthun, Natasha Ramthun, Tyler Vrazel
Gause 4-H–Anna Snowden, Benjamin Snowden, Luke Snowden, Lydia Snowden, Seth Snowden
Rockdale 4-H–Patrick Dean, William Dean, Sterling Faulkner, Ethan Krumnow, Lyndy Laurrell, Elaine Luckey, Emily McCoy, Evan McCoy
Thorndale 4-H–Kaylee Jackson, Kyrene Jackson, Danielle Pedroza, Jacob Pedroza.
Each club also recognized top supporter and leaders and appreciation and recognition awards were handed out to local businesses.