The Reporter will be running the winners of the 2010 Rockdale Fair youth baked goods show and sale contests in the next few issues and as space permits.
Ranch Hand Buttermilk Pie
By Cashlynne Blake,
Reserve Champion Junior Pie
1/2 c. margarine 1 pie shell 3 Tbs. (heaping) flour 3 eggs nutmeg 1 c. buttermilk
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
• Cream together margarine and sugar.
• Mix in eggs and flour, beat until fluffy.
• Fold in buttermilk and vanilla.
• Pour mixture into pie shell and sprinkle top lightly with nutmeg.
• Bake 50-60 minutes at 350º F or until pie is set.