Eight draw terms in court action
Eight persons were sentenced last week in 20th District Court, according to Prosecutor Kerry Spears who listed dispositions:
• Jimmy Lee Simmons, 27, Cameron,. pleaded guilty to bail jumping-failure to appear, sevenyear prison term.
• Anthony Dewayne Jones, 33, Cameron, pleaded guilt y to delivery of a controlled substance ( less than one gram), 18-month state jail term. Jones also pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (1 to 4 grams) with intent to deliver and received a second, concurrent, five-year prison term.
• Daniel Way ne Tovar, 27, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to debit card abuse, 12-month state jail term, $132.98 restitution.
• Arthur Garcia, 57, Harker Heights, pleaded guilty to DWI, third or more offense, eight-year prison term probated five years, 10-day county jail term, install ignition interlock on primary vehicle, one-year driver’s license suspension.
• Juan Carlos Luna, 29, Henderson, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of DWI-second offense, a Class A misdemeanor, 180-day jail term, probated 12 months, $500 fine, install ignition interlock in primary vehicle, complete DWI intervention class.
• Frank Ewing Jr., 38, Cameron, pleaded guilty to DWI with passenger under 15, twoyear state jail term probated five years, five-day county jail term, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, one-year driver’s license suspension, $2,000 fine.
• Jamie Alfredo Barron, 20, C ameron, pleaded g ui lt y to assault of a public servant, twoyear prison term. He received a second two-year term after pleading guilty to assault causes bodily injury-family violence-impeding breath.
• Clara Renae Ruthford, 51, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to unauthorized absence from correctional facility, 18-month state jail term.