The Rockdale Volunteer Fire Department answered two structure fires in two days late last week.
In addition to the house fire on Upton Street Thursday morning (see page 1A) Rockdale volunteers were also called to a fire which gutted a mobile home in the Village Courts at 7 p.m. Friday.
Other calls for South Milam County firefighters were listed as follows:
• 6:44 a.m. Jan. 26, controlled burn, south of Milano, Texas 36, Milano VFD.
• 10:25 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Jan. 26, grass fires, Rockdale VFD.
• 11:54 p.m. Jan. 26, grass fire CR 357, Gause VFD.
• 2:36 p.m. Friday, Thorndale VFD provided mutual aid for Thrall VFD at grass fire.
• 4: 05 p.m. Saturday, stove on fire, 213 Hickory, Rockdale VFD.