Eight draw sentences in 20th District Court
Eight persons drew sentences ranging from prison to probation last week in 20th District Court, according to Prosecutor Kerry Spears who listed case dispositions as follows:
• James Earl Mayberry, 36, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), two-year state jail term probated five years, substance abuse evaluation and recommended treatment, $140 restitution.
• David Derrod Jackson, 40, Corpus Christi, pleaded no contest to marijuana possession 4 ozs. to 5 lbs.), 12-month county jail term, $140 restitution.
• Francisco Cer vantez, 22, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a child, four years deferred adjudication probation.
• Darrel Dewayne Shropshire, 37, Rockdale pleaded guilty to two counts of delivery of a controlled substance (less than one gram) and one count of possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), three sentences of 19 months in state jail plus a total of $420 restitution.
• Michelle Gutierrez, 33, Temple, pleaded guilty to lesser Class A misdemeanor offense, unlawful carrying of a weapon, 180- day county jail term, probated 12 months, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, 40 hours community service restitution, $500 fine.
• Michael Anthony Salazar, 26, Cameron, leaded guilty to driving while intoxicated with passenger under 15, two-year state jail term probated four years, standard DWI probation conditions including one year driver’s license suspension, install ignition interlock in primary vehicle, 5-day county jail term, $1,000 fine.
• Hilliard Way ne Spillers, 29, Cameron, pleaded guilty to a lesser Class A misdemeanor assault charge, eight month county jail term.
• Timothy Earl Jones, 30, Rockdale, pleaded true to probation revocation charges (original convictions for burglary of habitation and intoxication assault), concurrent 5-year prison terms.