COMMENTS FROM CHERYL
f you are caring forI someone in your home, you may need to make changes for safety reasons or to provide assistance. The next meeting for the Caregivers Support Group will address some of these basic modifications to make your home better equipped for care giving.
Mona Butala, OTR - staff occupational therapist with Standard Regional Home Health, will provide the program on “Home Issues When Caregiving.” Come learn to look at your home with new eyes to identify problems.
Mark your calendars and plan to attend the Caregivers Support Group on Wednesday, March 2 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Milam County Extension Office at 100 E. 1st Street in Cameron.
Attend a meeting and talk to others that are caring for family members in the home and at facilities. Carol Gill, coordinator for the support group and Butala work with the Extension office to offer programming to support caregivers needs.
For more information on the Caregivers Support Group contact the Texas AgriLife Extension Service–Milam County office at 100 E. 1st Street in Cameron, 254-697-7045.
Contact Cheryl Walker at 254- 697- 7045 or email@example.com.
By Caleb Tarver, Rockdale FFA
Senior Cookies Ingredients:
1 c. butter flavor Crisco, melted
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned), uncooked
1 c. corn flakes, crushed to about 1/2 c.)
1 c. Hershey’s semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 . flake coconut Directions:
• Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease baking sheet with butter flavor Crisco (non-melted).
• Combine melted Crisco, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until well blended.
• Add eggs. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
• Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Stir in oats, corn flakes, chocolate chips, nuts and coconut with spoon.
• Fill ice cream scoop that holds 1/3 c. with dough (or use 1/4 c. measure). Level with knife. Drop 3 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
* Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges but still slightly soft in center. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack with wide, thin pancake turner
Yields about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.