Deadlines for many scholarships available for Rockdale High School students are looming, some as soon as this month.
Kathie Bowermon, counselor, listed scholarships, qualifications and deadlines as follows:
• Bartlett Electric Cooperative Lawrence Karl Memorial, parent who is a Bartlett Co- Op member, at least a 90 overall average, April 1.
• Bluebonnet Electric Co- Op Academic, parent who is a Bluebonnet Co- Op member, academic college/ university, March 18.
• Bluebonnet Electric Co-op Vocational, parent who is a Bluebonnet Co- Op member, vocational or trade school, March 18.
• Buick Acheivers, majoring in technology, engineering, math, business with a career in automotive industry, March 31.
• Caswell Memorial Scholarship, band student who will be attending University of Texas, March 25.
• CTAT Scholarship, actively enrolled in career & technology classes throughout high school, April 1.
• Delta Kappa Gamma Society, female majoring in education, April 20.
• Goss-Michael Foundation, visual arts major, March 31.
• Linwood Acres Garden Club, majoring in agriculture, horticulture, landscape, land/water management, April 8.
• Robert C. Byrd Honor Scholarship Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, nominated by administration, March 15.
• Rotary Club Academic, college/ university, at least a 90 overall average, April 8.
• Rotary Club Vocational or Trade School, at least an 80 overall average, April 8.
• Max W. Schlotter Scholarship, education major and essay, March 25.
• Scott & White Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, attend Temple College or UMHB with major in health related field, April 1.
• Slough Foundation Scholarship, financial need, essay, U.S. citizen, at least 3.0 GPA, April 1.
• State Farm Scholar Athlete, athletic participation, academics, ask counselor for more information.
• Taylor-Brown Education Fund, 2.5 GPA or higher, income based on no higher than $40,000, essay, April 29.
• University of Texas at San Antonio, various academic and financial awards, ask counselor for more information.