Scholarship deadlines nearing
Deadlines for many scholarships available for Rockdale High School students are looming, some as soon as this week.
Kathie Bowermon, counselor, listed scholarships, qualifications and deadlines as follows:
• Bartlett Electric Cooperative Lawrence Karl Memorial, parent who is a Bartlett Co- Op member, at least a 90 overall average, April 1.
• Bluebonnet Electric Co- Op Academic, parent who is a Bluebonnet Co- Op member, academic college/ university, March 18.
• Bluebonnet Electric Co-op Vocational, parent who is a Bluebonnet Co- Op member, vocational or trade school, March 18.
• Buick Acheivers, majoring in technology, engineering, math, business with a career in automotive industry, March 31.
• Caswell Memorial Scholarship, band student who will be attending University of Texas, March 25.
• CTAT Scholarship, actively enrolled in career & technology classes throughout high school, April 1.
• Delta Kappa Gamma Society– Lambda Psi, female majoring in education, April 20.
• Goss-Michael Foundation, visual arts major, March 31.
• Linwood Acres Garden Club, majoring in agriculture, horticulture, landscape, land/water management, April 8.
•Ozarka “Every Drop Counts”, majoring in earth/environment, April 8.
• Richards Memorial Auxiliary, majoring in health care, April 28.
• Rockdale Fair Association, must have exhibited one livestock project at the Fair during high school, April 15.
• Rockdale Noon Lions Club, general, April 29.
• Rockdale Rotary Club Academic, college/university, at least a 90 overall average, April 8.
• Rockdale Rotary Club Vocational or Trade School, at least an 80 overall average, April 8.
• Rockdale Tennis Association, played tennis at Rockdale High School for at least two years, April 22.
• Max W. Schlotter Scholarship, education major and essay, March 25.
• Scott & White Memorial Hospital Auxiliary, attend Temple College or UMHB with major in health related field, April 1.
• Slough Foundation Scholarship, financial need, essay, U.S. citizen, at least 3.0 GPA, April 1.
• State Farm Scholar Athlete, athletic participation, academics, ask counselor for more information.
• Taylor-Brown Education Fund, 2.5 GPA or higher, income based on no higher than $40,000, essay, April 29.
• Thursday Reading Club–Bootsie Peeble Memorial, majoring in medical related field, April 15.