Commissioners eyeing budget shortfall
CAMERON—All levels of government are in cost-cutting modes and Milam County government is no exception.
Count y Judge Dave Barkemeyer has predicted Milam faces up to a $1.5-million budget shortfall and is requesting officials to find ways to cut costs and come in under budget. Full Story
EATING AND VISITING—
Nobody went away hungry, or without having an opportunity to visit, from the Rockdale Noon Lions annual pancake supper, held last Tuesday (Mardi Gras Day) at Busy Bea’s Cafe. Full Story
Fire calls dispatched from the Rockdale Police Depar tment during the past week were listed as follows:
• 12:40 a.m. March 8, smoke reported, 300 block of US 77, Rockdale VFD.
• 5: 38 a. m. March 8, false alarm at Rockdale Intermediate School, Rockdale VFD.
• 9:33 p.m. Friday, false alarm, Oak Park Two, Rockdale VFD. Full Story
APARTMENT UNITS DAMAGED—
Four units of the Westgate Aparments, in the 1800 block of West Cameron Ave. (US 79) were damaged in a 6:37 p.m. fire Saturday. Full Story
‘Breathing easier’ at Richards Memorial Hospital
Adminstrator one of first patients in new allergy treatment
The best allergy medicine won’t do any good if patients won’t stay with their series of shots, which can sometimes take years to offer relief.
But a new program, Cluster Allergy Immunotherapy (CAI), now available at Richards Memorial Hospital’s Family Care Center, offers relief in a matter of months and sometimes noticeable results in just weeks. Full Story
Cath lab due back in April
Richards Memorial Hospital’s cath lab (cardiology) is coming back and April and they mean that literally.
The well-used cath lab was one of the deletions by Blackhawk Health Care during the period in 2010 when RMH again spiraled into financial crisis. Full Story
Three draw court terms
CA MERON— 20t h Dist r ic t Court action March 7-11:
• Pedro Augustine Mares, 18, Harker Heights, pleaded guilty to a lesser misdemeanor offense of assault/family violence, 120-day county jail term, $1,000 fine.
• David Allen Davis, 55, Milano, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), four years probation. Full Story
Poison hotline key to emergency care
MILAM COUNTY HEALTH
Poison Prevention Week is March 14- 20, The Texas Poison Center Net work (TPCN) was established in 1993. Six regional poison centers were established to provide emergency treatment to Texans for poisonings or toxic exposures. Full Story