Five sentenced in 20th District Court
Five persons were sentenced in 20th District Court action during the past week, according to prosecutor Kerry Spears who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Rosalinda Rubio Lovato, 45, Texarkana, Arkansas, pleaded guilty to theft (less than $1,500), enhanced, with prior convictions, 10- year prison term probated five years, $1,200 restitution.
• Karen Pyle Spivey, 45, Cameron, pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated (third or more offense), 10-year prison term probated five years, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, install ignition interlock on primary vehicle, driver’s license suspension for one year, $1,500 fine, serve 10 days in the county jail as a condition of probation.
• Christopher Brandon Gomez, 25, Bryan, pleaded true to violating probation conditions on an original conviction of operating a boat without consent, 12-month state jail term.
• Alley Joseph Leblanc Jr., 63, Rockdale was found guilty of violating probation conditions for possession of a controlled substance (1 to 4 grams), three-year prison term.
• Samatra Iwania Beckwith, 34, Rockdale, pleaded true to violating probation conditions on an original conviction of debit/credit card abuse.
Her probation was revoked and she was sentenced to a 12-month state jail term and ordered to pay $1,322.27 restitution.