School is out and the summer is in full swing. Of course the 100 degree days have already started and we all know we are in for a hot one. But that is summer in Texas so here we go. Try to find a cool spot and have a rest.
As you continue to make your business the best it can be, we all know that takes work. Below are some pointers of how to best promote your business:
1. Think about your product or service. What do you want to promote that defines your business? This defines your marketing strategy. Decide what you can deliver and how you are going to meet your customer’s needs.
2. Know your audience. That makes it so much easier to develop a marketing strategy. Define your customer in terms of income, age, geographical location, revenues, industry, etc.
3. Make your product unique. Competition exists in every form of business and small businesses in particular. So make your product stand out and then market it as unique.
4. Find a niche. Finding a niche allows a business to focus its marketing efforts and attract more customers. Think about the markets your product fits in.
5. Be aware. To sell your product or service you need to be aware of the need for it to exist on the market. Advertising in both traditional and non-traditional forms of media can get your product noticed. Advertise regularly so that your customers remember your product or service.
6. Build credibility and be honest. For a business to succeed in attracting customers it must be credible and honest. Customers need to know that you are a person of your word and trust that you will deliver what you say you will when you say it. By being honest you build your business’ credibility and ensure that you build a strong relationship with your customers.
7. Be consistent and focused. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. It is important that the look and message of your business be focused and consistent.
8. Create an emotional connection. Creating an emotional bond and reaching out to your customers allows you to build a relationship that is built on mutual respect and caring.
All around town
There are some new things happening with some of our businesses in Rockdale.
Piano Bar is open for lunch now with a full menu, in addition to their evening meals. Go by and eat lunch at the Piano Bar.
Tisket a Tasket is now selling cut flower arrangements at their store, as well as their potted plants and of course their other great items.
Also Patio Pitt BBQ has expanded its hours to Thursdays 11-7 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 to 9 and Sundays from 11-3.
If you have some updates for your business call the Chamber at 446-2030.
Also a reminder to the membership— send us your business information so we can update our website about your business details. We want to get out all of the promotion we can about your business.
Plans continue for the Central Texas Hunting and Outdoor Expo to be held September 23 and 24.
This promises to be a great event with a civil war reenactment, BBQ cookoff, fly fishing instruction, nature displays, a Camo Cotillion on Saturday night (with a country western band), hunting booths, ATV displays, vendor booths for arts and crafts, food, and all kinds of displays, and so much more.
We are putting it together now and new things are added every day. Full details will be coming soon so put this on your calendar.
Until next time I leave you with this.....Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
Denice Doss is the Rockdale Chamber of Commerce president. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 446-2030.