Six sentenced in district court
Six persons were sentenced last week in 20th District Court, according to Prosecutor Kerry Spears, who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Curtis Wade Russell, 24, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to injury to a child with serious bodily injury, three-year prison term.
• Rubineysi Guevara-Mayo, 24, Round Rock, pleaded guilty to debit card abuse, seven-month state jail sentence, $292.66 restitution. Guevara-Mayo pleaded guilty to a second debit card abuse charge, drew a second 7-month state jail sentence and assessed an additional $75.35 in restitution.
• Richard Edward Einstein, 22, San Antonio, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), in a 2010 Nocturnal Fest-related case. Einstein was assessed four years deferred adjudication probation, complete drug education class, prohibited from attending any festival like Nocturnal Fest, prohibited from going anywhere alcoholic beverages are served and consumed, $140 restitution, $1,500 fine.
• Mark Melancon, 48, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to DWI-third or more offense, 10-year prison term probated five years, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, oneyear driver’s license suspension, ignition interlock on primary vehicle or home monitoring system, 10- day county jail term, $ 2,500 fine. He also pleaded guilty to bail jumping and drew another 10-year prison sentence, probated five years.
• Russell Alan Kelley, 36, Cameron, pleaded guilty to assault on a public servant, four-year prison term.
• William Scott Malpica, 28, Austin, pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana, a lesser included Class A misdemeanor, and was assessed a 20- day county jail term plus a $4,000 fine.