Residents can pay bill, report outages online
Kelvin Knauf
City Manager

Since Feb. 18, the City’s website has been live and online. We have received “ hits” on the website from many states and even foreign countries like Germany, Australia, France, England and Spain. If you haven’t explored our website, you might be interested in some of the features on the website.

For instance, did you know that you can report a street light problem directly to Oncor through the City’s website? Yep, go to the home page and under “Residents,” choose “report a street light outage or problem.” That button will take you directly to Oncor’s webpage where you can put in an address and a map of the street lights will appear (you may have to put a comma after the address then type “Rockdale” since more than one Oncor city may have that address).

Click on the address and complete the rest of the form on the webpage then click on the “submit report” button at the bottom of the page to send the report to Oncor.

Also, did you know that you can check to see when the Patterson center is booked on a particular date? On the home page, choose E-Services then calendar. When the calendar page appears, use the down arrow on the “select a calendar” button and when the listing of calendars appears, click on the box next to George Hill Patterson Community Center. Use the refresh button on your browser bar to refresh the page and then scroll through the calendar to see when the Patterson Center is booked.

Also, the website has online forms to make it easy to send information to or get information from the city. The online forms include a boards and commissions application, an employment application, a parade request form, a request for placement on an agenda form, a Municipal Development Distr ict request for funding a project form, an open records request form, a form to request the police department to do a close patrol on your property for when you are out of town and a form to report suspected drug trafficking (all information is held in strict confidence).

Want to look at a past city council or boards/commissions agenda or minutes? Go to EServices on the home page and choose “archive center.” Once the archive center webpage appears, use the down arrow next to the agenda or minutes for the council, board or commission you are interested in. Then click on the date of the agenda or minutes.

The website also has a list of “Frequently Asked Questions” and their answers. On the home page, choose E- Services then “ FAQs.” Once the FAQs page appears, click on the question and the answer will appear.

Also, residents and businesses can pay their utility bill online and individuals can even pay a citation online. On the home page, choose “online payments.” When the online payments webpage appears, choose either “municipal court” or “utility billing.” If you choose Municipal Court, you will then be asked for your citation number, your driver’s license number or your Social Security number. Type in the information for one of those choices and it will take you to the payment page. The City accepts either Visa or MasterCard for payments.

If you choose “utility billing,” you have to first set up an account with your email address and a password of your choosing. Follow the remaining steps to set up our account. Once your account is set up, the website can provide you with a transaction ( billing and payments) history and consumption history (in thousands of gallons of water billed). With this information, the website can help you manage your water billing.

The website is constantly being updated. Our goal is to make the website even more informative and useful to our residents, businesses and visitors.

Click here for digital edition
2011-07-28 digital edition

Copyright 2009-2017 Rockdale Reporter, All Rights Reserved.

Special Sections

Special Sections