Two draw sentences from undercover drug sting
CA MERON—Two Rockdale residents received state jail terms on drug charges last week in John Youngbloods’ 20th District Court, stemming from an undercover illegal drug trafficking investigation last year.
Trey Mitchell, 25, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (1 to 4 grams) and was sentenced to three years in state jail and ordered to pay $140 restitution jointly and severally with his co-defendant.
Vanette Yumon Wilburn, 37, was sentenced to 14 months in state jail after an open plea to the court on a charge of possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
Six Milam County law enforcement agencies, along with members of the Texas Rangers and Texas Department of Public Safety were all involved in the six month undercover operation, which led to indictments of 12 people last summer.
Prosecutor Kerry Spears listed other district court cases during the past week as follows:
• Jeffrey Allen McKinney, 18, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to credit/debit card abuse, three years probation, $600 restitution.
• Delmar Lee Parker, 42, Cameron, pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated with passenger under 15 years of age (enhanced), seven year state jail term to run concurrent with his parole revocation.
• Wayne Earl Jones, 56, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to lesser class A misdemeanor of attempted theft of copper, one year county jail term, $940.80 restitution.
• David Preston Campbell, 26, Rockdale, open plea to court on burglary of building charge, 18 months state jail term. Campbell was sentenced to another 18 months in state jail by Judge Youngblood after an open plea on a theft from person charge.
• Tony Mayer, 47, Cameron, pleaded “true” to violating probation conditions for endangering a child, 12-month state jail term, to run concurrent with another sentence out of Bell County.
• Casey Brandon Allen, 31, Taylor, pleaded guilty to debit card abuse from elderly, 10-year state jail term, probated for five years, including SAFPF, $2,800 restitution. Allen also received two additional sentences of two years in state jail, probated for four years and SAFPF, $2,475 restitution after pleading guilty to state jail felony offenses of theft ($1,500 to $20,000) and theft from elderly ($500 to $1,500).
• Michael Duana Donaldson, 55, Milano, pleaded guilty to class A misdemeanor of assault, two years deferred adjudication probation, including successful completion of parenting classes and anger management classes.
• Justin Douglas Henderson, 37, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to possession of controlled substance (less than one gram), five years deffered adjudication probation, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, $140 restitution.
• Tommy Arnett, 47, Cameron, pleaded guilty to lesser charge of class A misdemeanor of attempted theft ($1,500 to $20,000), six-month county jail term, $200 restitution.
• Casey Lynn Anderson, 20, Brenham, violated conditions of probation for sexual assault of child, eight-year state jail term.
• Christopher Kenton Rosemond, 23, Cameron, pleaded guilty to burglary of habitation, 10-year state jail term, probated for five years, $50 restitution.
• Kerry Scott Ramey, 35, Louisiana, found “true” of violating probation conditions for evading arrest with motor vehicle, four-year state jail term.