Fire calls dispatched from the Rockdale Police Department to South Milam County locations over the past week included:
• 11:26 p.m. Nov. 29, Rockdale VFD asked to check on possible controlled burn on FM 487 south near US 77, unable to locate any fire.
• 7:59 a.m. Nov. 30, gas leak, Village Courts, Rockdale VFD.
• 12:09 a.m. Sunday, grass fire, CR 265A at FM 485, Gause VFD called to provide mutual aid for Cameron VFD.
• 9:47 a.m. Sunday, hay bales in roadway, east of Milano, Rockdale VFD.
• 11:10 a.m. Sunday, fire alarm sounded at Bank of Texas in Thorndale and Thorndale VFD dispatched. Responders reported a malfunctioning alarm and no fire.