Oh no, you’ve waited until the last minute, now what do you buy them?
Time got the best of you and you’re in the 11th hour having purchased nary a gift. Now that the holidays are on your doorstep, what can you get that won’t look like you shopped in a rush?
It’s possible to give last-minute gifts that won’t appear so. Here’s a guide to some gifts you can pick up in a snap.
• Pull from the spirit of the season. Choose among holiday music, ornaments or table decorations. What’s more, at this late date prices may be slashed.
• Go with a picture frame. Take a family portrait or a picture you want to share and place it within a frame. This is a great idea for grandparents or other special people.
• Put together themed cook- ing supplies. For example, an ice cream lover may enjoy an ice cream maker, an ice cream scoop, assorted toppings, and glasses for holding sundaes.
• Choose area attractions that adults may enjoy. A night out at the movies or a gift certificate for a local restaurant are ideas.
• Liquor can be a nice gift when appropriate. Many liquor stores will gift-wrap, or choose a nice wine and a decorative wine bag to house it.
• Food never falls out of favor. Choose some exotic treats, such as fine chocolates, smoked salmon or caviar, and place in a decorative basket.
• Family movie DVDs are fun for kids of all ages. If you don’t know what flick will fit the bill, give a gift card and let the child do the choosing.
• Books, puzzles and coloring activities will all spark creativity and lead to hours of fun.
• Don’t underestimate the power of a little green. A few dollars tucked into a card enables children to feel responsible, and allows them to select a favorite gift of choice.
• Teens often want to stay abreast of the latest styles and fashions. However, you may not know what they are. So it may be best to give them a gift card to their favorite clothing store.
• For female teens, gifts that pamper and enable them to go glam may be appreciated. Bath gels and scented lotions packaged together would be nice.
• Give a teen a subscription to a favorite magazine so they can follow celebrities or sports teams.
• Find out if you can pre-pay for texting or minutes on a mobile phone for the teen who is always in touch.
• A trial membership to one of the mail-in movie services from Netf lix or Blockbuster enables teens to catch up on all of their favorite flicks.