Scholarship deadlines nearing
Deadlines for many scholarships available for Rockdale High School students are looming, some as soon as this week.
Dorothy Wright, counselor, should be contacted for more information. Sholarships, qualifications and deadlines as follows:
• Abbott & Fenner Buisness, www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships, business major, June 15.
• ACT High School Poster Contest, www.actstudent.org/postercontest, design poster encouraging studetns to attend colege and take the ACT as their college entrance exam, Jan. 28.
• Al Neuharth Free Spirit Scholarship and Journalism Conference, www.freespirit.org, juniors with a passion for journalism, Feb. 15.
• AXA Achevement Community Scholarship, outstanding achievement in school, community and work, Feb. 1.
• Bartlett Electric Cooperative Lawrence Karl Memorial, parent who is a Bartlett Electric Co- Op member, at least a 90 overall average, April 4.
• Best Buy, www.bestbuy- community relations.com, grades 9-12, community service, work experience, grades, Feb. 15.
• Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, engineering, technology, design or business major with interest in automotive industry, Feb. 29.
• Central Texas Branch of American Public Works Association, reside in Central Texsa branch boundary, at least 3.0 GPA, Jan. 31.
• Charles, Lela and Mary Slough Foundation Scholarship, financial need, essay, March 29.
• Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Power of Life Creative Scholarship, create a project/presentation to educate/ inspire others, March 1.
• Ronald McDonald House Charities Scholarship, various, rmhc.rog/whtwe do/rmhc- u- s- scholarships, Jan. 27.
• Rockdale Rotary Club Academic, 3.0 GPA or greater, enrolling in 2 or 4 year university or child of club member, April 13.
• Rockdale Rotary Club Vocational/ Technical, GPA of 80 or greater, enrolling in vocational/technical school or chold of club member, April 13.
• Sam Houston State University Smith-Hutson Scholarship, buisness major, highly competitive, at least a 2.5 GPA, March 9.
• St. Edwards University, numerous scholarships for attendees, www.stedwards.edu/admission/newfreshmen/ scholarship, Feb. 1.
• TxDOT Conditional Grant Program, www.TxDOT.gov/careers, engineering major, financial need, agre to work for TxDOT for two years, March 1.
• Texas Lyceum Leadership Award, leadership in school and community, at least 3.5 GPA, attending Texas college/university, Feb. 15.
• Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation, W. Price Jr. Memorial Scholarship, attending degreed food service or hospitality program, 3.5 GPA, Feb. 1.