Scholarship deadlines nearing
Deadlines for many scholarships available for RHS students are looming. Dorothy Wright, counselor, should be contacted for more information. Sholarships, qualifications and deadlines as follows:
• Abbott & Fenner Buisness, business major, June 15.
• Al Neuharth Free Spirit Scholarship and Journalism Conference, juniors with a passion for journalism, Feb. 15.
• Bartlett Electric Cooperative Lawrence Karl Memorial, parent who is a Bartlett Electric Co- Op member, at least a 90 overall average, April 4.
• Best Buy, grades 9-12, community service, work experience, grades, Feb. 15.
• Buick Achievers Scholarship Program, engineering, technology, design or business major with interest in automotive industr y, Feb. 29.
• Charles, Lela and Mary Slough Foundation Scholarship, financial need, essay, March 29.
• GE- Reagan Foundation Scholarship, engineering, technology, design or business majors, with interest in automotive industr y, Feb. 29.
• Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Power of Life Creative Scholarship, create a project/presentation to educate/inspire others, March 1.
• KFC Colonel’s Scholars, enrolling in a public college or university in Texas, GPA 2.75, financial need.
• Max W. Schlotter Scholarship, Region VI ESC, majoringin education, essay.
• Rockdale Rotary Club Academic, 3.0 GPA or greater, enrolling in 2 or 4 year university, open to any senior meeting criteria, April 13.
• Rockdale Rotary Club Vocational/ Technical, GPA of 80 or greater, enrolling in vocational/ technical school, open to any senior meeting criteria, April 13.
• Sam Houston State University Smith-Hutson Scholarship, buisness major, highly competitive, at least a 2.5 GPA, March 9.
• TxDOT Conditional Grant Program, engineering major, financial need, agre to work for TxDOT for two years, March 1.
• Texas Lyceum Leadership Award, leadership in school and community, at least 3.5 GPA, attending Texas college/university, Feb. 15.
• University of Texas at San Antonio Alumni Association, must attend UTSA, 3.0 GPA, top 25 percent of class, ST 900 or ACT 20, Feb. 15.
• UTSA Honors College Scholarships, top 10 percent of class, SAT 1200 or ACT 27, Feb. 15.