Public schools week to offer a little bit of everything
Things are skimmed down a bit this year for the observance of Texas Public Schools Week at Rockdale ISD, but parents will have plenty of opportunities to visit the schools, according to Pam Kaufmann, RISD assistant superintendent for instruction and administration.
Rockdale Junior High’s Family Science Night and Art Show will be held at 6 p.m. Monday. Elementary and intermediate students will hold a joint Family Math and Science Night from 5:30-7 p.m. Tuesday, all at the intermediate cafeteria/gymnasium.
There will be a PreK “open house” on Wednesday from 1:45- 2:15 p.m.
Meals with students
Moms, dads and grandparents each have their own mornings to eat breakfast with their children at the elementary, intermediate and junior high next week. (See schedule)
Parents are also invited to come read to classes during the week. They are asked to call their child’s campus to sign up for a reading time.
Student art will be on display at each campus throughout the week.
First graders will perform their famous “Texas Play” at 1:30 p.m. Friday at the elementary gym.
• Monday, March 5— Family Science Night & Art Show, 6 p.m., junior high.
• Tuesday, March 6— Muffins for Mom breakfast, 7:30 to 8 a.m., elementary cafeteria; Donuts for Dad breakfast, 7:20 to 7:50 a.m., intermediate cafeteria; Family Math and Science Night for elementary and intermediate students, 5:30-7 p.m., intermediate school cafeteria/ gymnasium.
• Wednesday, March 7— Donuts for Dad breakfast, 7:30 to 8 a.m., elementary cafeteria; Muffins for Mom breakfast, 7:20 to 7:50 a.m., intermediate cafeteria;
PreK “open house”, 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m., elementary; iTigers Parent Make and Take, 3:30- 5:30 p.m., elementary cafeteria; iTigers ACE Open House, 4:30- 5:15 p.m., junior high.
• Thursday, March 8— Grub for Grandparents breakfast, 7:30 to 8 a.m., elementary cafeteria.
• Friday, March 9— Grandparents breakfast, 7:20 to 7:50 a.m., intermediate cafeteria; first grade GT project presentation, 12:30 p.m., elementary; first- grade “Texas Program,” elementary gym, 1:30 p.m.