State photography contest deadline getting nearer
Refer to the State Photography Rules for categories http://texas4 h.tamu.edu/library/files/projects_ photography_ guidelines.pdf.
All entries for county judging must be submitted by March 30 to Cheryl Walker at the following mail: email@example.com.
Top photos will be submitted to the State Photography
Contest Judging by the Extension Office. If you have questions, contact the Milam County Extension Office, 254- 697-7045.
Major Show Tag Order Deadline - April 16
If you plan to show steers at the major shows or goats, sheep and swine at the State Fair of Texas, you must order your tags by 5:00 p.m. on April 16 at the Milam County Extension Office (100 E. 1st Street in Cameron). The cost is $12 per tag. Tags ordered after the deadline will cost $30 per tag.
Here are the shows accepted by this tag order:
• Steers— 2012 State Fair of Texas or 2013—Fort Worth, San Antonio, San Angelo, Houston, Star of Texas
• Lambs, goats, swine—2012 State Fair of Texas
The 2013 Milam County Jr. Livestock Show will accept major steer tags.
The exhibitor that orders these tags will need to bring their animals to Validation on June 26th.
Additional information on validation will be provided to the persons ordering tags.
4-H Horse Show Requires Validation by May 1
If you are planning to enter the district or state horse activities, you must complete horse validation materials by May 1.
Horse validation will be processed through 4-H Connect from April 1—May 1.
The cost is $10 per horse. Information on horse validation is available in the March 4-H Newsletter posted on the website http:// milam.agrilife.org/ or you can contact the Milam County Extension Office at 254- 697-7045.
MCJLS Home Economics Department Schedule
The Home Economics Department of the Milam County Jr. Livestock Show will be conducted at Bea’s Kitchen in Cameron on March 30.
Ninety-six entries have been received for the contest.
Stop by and see the entries at Bea’s Kitchen on March 30. Here is the schedule for the March 30 activities:
• Check in time from 8-10 a.m.
• Judging from 10:30 a.m.-Noon.
• Group pictures of grand and reserve champion winners at 3:45 p.m.
• Open to the public for viewing from Noon-3:30 p.m.
• Check- Out And Clean-Up from 3:30-4 p.m.
MCJLS Livestock Schedule
Exhibitors showing market steers, hogs, lambs, and goats must pick up ownership cards upon arrival at the Youth Exposition Bulding in Cameron.
These cards must be filled out, signed and brought to scale area at weigh-in.
• Thursday, March 29, 10 a.m. market animals and breeding beef heifers may begin arriving.
• 3 p.m.— Steers, swine, lambs and goats must be in barn.
• 3:30 p.m.—Turkeys, broilers and rabbitts must be in barn.
Check-in of poultry:
• 3:30 p.m.—Begin weighing lambs, followed by swine, goats, steers and rabbits.
• 5:30 P.M.— Judging of market broilers followed by turkeys.
• 7:30 P.M. —Judging of Market Lambs.
Friday, March 30, 2012
• 7:30 a.m.—Arrival of breeding meat goats.
• 8 a.m.—Breeding meast goats, breeding beef heifers must be in place.
Papers checked on breeding meat goats, breeding meat beef, breeding meat heifers.