Ex RHS teacher no-billed on student sex charge
A former Rockdale High School female teacher- coach was no-billed Thursday by a Milam County Grand Jury, ending an investigation into a possible improper relationship with a male student without charges being filed.
The teacher was investigated, by police after allegations surfaced in February.
She was never arrested and no charges were ever filed.
School officials sent out a letter shortly after the probe saying the teacher, who was in her first year of employment in the Rockdale ISD, was being terminated.
She was listed as one of the “resignations” accepted by school trustees during their March school board meeting.
Lt. J. D. Newlin told The Reporter the incident was “not clear cut” and police decided to turn the results of their investigation over to the prosecutor’s office for any further action.
A “no bill” means the grand jury determined evidence was not sufficient to proceed with prosecution.
Newlin said police determined the case “differed substantially” from a 2010 investigation of an alleged relationship between a male teacher-coach and female student.
That teacher was arrested and charges of “improper relationship with a student” were filed.
But when the case reached the grand jury, a no-bill was returned.
• Jesus Reyna Castillo, 48, Rockdale, family violence, enhanced.
• George Barrett Freeland Jr., 47, Cameron, DWI-third or more, enhanced.
• Boyd Dean Glover, 51, Brazoria, DWI-third or more.
• Edward Lavon Bates, 32, Killeen, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
• Terry Joseph Sider, 57, Rockdale, theft of copper.
• Dewayne Bounds, 44, Taylor, forgery of a financial instrument.
• Bradley Harold Everage, 25, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance ( less than one gram), tamper ing w it h ev idence, bot h enhanced.
• Zyandria Shardre Williams, 24, Conroe, prohibited substance in a correctional facility.
• Brandi Nicole Carrasco, 31, Taylor, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Michael Rangel, 24, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Clinton Lee Barnett, 46, Granger, burglary of a building.
• Melvin Elvin Birch, 25, Davilla, unauthorized use of motor vehicle.
• Denise Marie Pelzel, 30, Marlin, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
• Justin Douglas Young, 17, Cameron, burglary of a habitation.
• Edwin Williams, 62, Rockdale, burglary of a building, enhanced.
• Deborah Hamilton, 54, Buckholts, interference with police service animal.
• Michael Damon Williams, 38, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), tampering with oil and gas equipment.
• Kenneth Eugene Drone, 52, Cameron, possession of a controlled substance (1-200 grams) with intent to deliver.
• Sylvester Kendre Brown, 23, Harker Heights, possession of a controlled substance (200-400 grams) with intent to deliver.
• Trinity Wayne Baldridge, 35, Rockdale, theft of aluminum (under $20,000).
• Thomas Ray Hobbs, 42, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram) in drug-free zone.