November races set in Milam
The pr imar y elections are almost over and now the cast is set for the main event.
There will be seven contested elections on the Nov. 6 general election ballot, including three county-wide races.
Four involve incumbent Republicans, two incumbent Democrats and the seventh is an open seat, the Precinct 3 commissioner post being vacated by Democrat Dale Jaecks:
• District judge—John Youngblood (R-incumbent), Hollis Lewis (D).
• District attorney—Kerry Spears (D-incumbent), Bill Torrey (R).
• Treasurer—Linda Acosta (D-incumbent), Donna Orsag(R).
• Tax assessor-collector— Kolette Morgan (R-incumbent), Tommy Grimes (D).
• Precinct 1 commissioner— George Tomek (R-incumbent), Ricky McCall (D).
• Precinct 3 commissioner— John Fisher (R), Andy Jackson (D).
• Precinct 4 constable— Giles Summerlin (D-incumbent), Fred Keefer (R).