Mrs. Evard, a lifelong Cameron resident, was the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Rudolph D. Provazek.
She worked at
Matula’s Grocery and L&M Jewelry for many years.
Mr s. Evard was a li felong member of the Buckholts Brethren Church, which her father helped to build. She was confirmed there in 1935 and remained active in the choir and the Christian Sisters organization.
She was a member of the women’s auxiliary of the VFW and volunteered as a Pink Lady of the Hospital Auxiliary at Central Texas Hospital.
Mrs. Evard was a long-time member of the 42 Leisure Club, a group of women who gathered to play dominoes.
She lived in the same home in Cameron from 1953 until her move to the Cameron Nursing Center, where she lived the remaining two years of her life.
Mrs. Evard was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Bill Evard; and a son, Archie Lee Mraz.
Survivors are two brothers, Melvin Provasek and L. D. Provazek, and a sister, Joyce Havlik Wilkinson; as well as two granddaughters, four great-grandchildren and six nieces and nephews.