Twelve sentenced in 20th District Court
Twelve persons drew terms in 20th District Court last week, according to Prosecutor Kerry Spears who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Richard A lan Shafer, 51, Gause, pleaded guilty to assault fami ly v iolence, enhanced, 10-year prison term probated f ive yea rs, substa nce abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, complete anger management classes, have no contact with victim.
• Morgan Ashley Jackson, 19, Conroe, pleaded guilty to theft of property (Under $1,500) with pr ior conv ictions, 18-month state jail term, probated three years, complete theft aversion class, $27 restitution.
• Cheyenne A . Keeler, 21, San A ntonio, pleaded guilt y to possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram), three years deferred adjudic at ion probat ion, substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, complete drug education class, prohibited from attending Nocturnal Fest type concerts, $140 restitution.
• Ruben Medellin, 47, San Marcos, pleaded guilty to forgery, 12-month state jail term. Medellin also pleaded guilty to engaging in organized criminal activity and drew a 5-year prison term and ordered to pay $634.92, jointly and severally with co- defendant. The sentences will run concurrently.
• Edward Wayne Diver, 38, Rockda le, pleaded g ui lt y to possession of a controlled substance ( less than one gram), enhanced, three-year prison term, plus $140 restitution. Diver also pleaded guilty to failure to comply wit sex offender registration requirements and drew a three-year prison term. The sentences will run concurrently.
• Vincient Lewis Cooks, 41, Cameron, pleaded gui lty to two counts of delivery of a controlled substance (less than one gram), nine-month state jail term, $140 restitution.
• G eorge Grayson Sr., 61, Rockda le, pleaded g ui lt y to possession of a controlled substance ( less than one gram), six-month state jail term, $140 restitution.
• Billy Joe Pittman Jr., 28, Cameron, pleaded gui lty to possession of a controlled substance ( less than 28 grams) in a drug-free zone, five years deferred adjudication probation, including substance abuse evaluation and any recommended treatment, $140 restitution. Pit tman also pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence and drew a five-year deferred adjudication sentence including substance abuse evaluation.
• Stephen Lance Perdue, 41, Tomball, pleaded guilty to thef t of copper (under $20,000), four- year prison term, $12,997.35 restitution.
• Rachel Elizabeth Stevenson, 19, Milano, pleaded true to violating probation conditions on an original Class A misdemeanor offense of hindering apprehension of a felon. The sentence will run concurrently with an other sentence from Harris County.
• Patronia Sanders-Clemons, 19, Cameron, pleaded guilty to deliver y of a controlled substance ( less than one gram) in a drug-free zone, four years deferred adjudication probation, successful ly complete Concho Valley Treatment Center, $280 restitution.
• Joshua Tomek, 26, Cameron, pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault of a child, 10 years deferred adjudication probation w ith standard sex offender probation.