Eight sentenced in court action
Eight persons drew sentences in 20th District Court during the past week, according to Prosecutor Bill Torrey, and assistant John Paschall, who listed case dispositions as follows:
• Leroy Taylor, 48, Cameron, pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (less than 28 grams) in drug-free zone, twoyear jail term probated four years, $1,500 fine.
• Terry Wayne Strother, 55, Round Rock pleaded guilty to possession of a controlled substance (1 to 4 grams), five-year prison term, probated three years, substance abuse evaluation and treatment, $500 fine, $140 restitution.
• Chon Montelongo, 38, Rockdale, pleaded guilty to a lesser misdemeanor offense, possession of marijuana, two years deferred adjudication probation, $750 fine, $140 restitution.
• Jeffrey Kuenstler, 26, Rockdale, placed on five years deferred adjudication probation on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
• David Mills, 35, Wilburton, Oklahoma, pleaded guilty to evading arrest with a motor vehicle, three years deferred adjudication probation, $1,000 fine.
• Jefferson Eugene Lawrence, 41, Rockdale, was sentenced to a two and one-half year prison term on a probation revocation motion on an original charge of assault family violence. He also has pending charges in Michigan.
• Phillip Anthony Suarez, 23, Comfort, was sentenced to a three-day term in the Milam County Jail on a less included misdemeanor charge of possession of a controlled substance. He was also ordered to pay a $1,248 fine.