MISD developing district goals
Milano ISD is in the process of developing district goals. A preliminary draft of goals is below. We will be discussing them further on Feb. 28 at our next regular board meeting and we would like to encourage our parents and community members to provide feedback on these proposed goals. Your attendance and voice at our board meeting is encouraged.
• Finance—Milano ISD will maintain efficient fiscal management of resources and operations to maximize learning for all students.
• Security—Milano ISD will provide a safe, secure, and supportive environment for students and staff, and will plan for future security needs.
• Career and Technology Education— Milano ISD will prepare all students for the transition into the next phase of their lives, including colleges and universities, vocational, technical and trade schools, the work force, and the military.
• Curriculum and Instruction— Milano ISD will provide rigorous learning opportunities and curricula that transcend state and national standards to improve the achievement of each student while meeting their individual needs and aspirations.
• Staffing—Milano ISD will develop, attract and retain highly qualified and certified professionals for all positions.
• Facilities—Milano ISD will develop and implement an effective facilities improvement plan to address current and future instructional needs in the district.
• Community Relations—Milano ISD will promote strong open communication and partnerships between community, businesses, parents, staff and students. firstname.lastname@example.org