Area students earn degrees at Texas State
SAN MARCOS—The following local students were among the degree candidates at the 2012 fall commencement ceremonies at Texas State University:
• Melissa Gurley, of Lexington, Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science.
• Nathan Cass, of Rockdale, Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Psychology.
• Kimberly Teague, of Rockdale, Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences with a Major in Fashion Merchandising.
• Ashley Randall, of Rockdale, Bachelor of Science with a Major in Interdisciplinary Studies; Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
• Miles Grisham, of Thorndale, Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science.
• Lacie Kreidel, of Thorndale, Bachelor of Science with a Major in Biology.
Local residents named to Texas St. Dean’s List
SAN MARCOS—Several area residents have been named to the Dean’s List at Texas State University for the Fall 2012 Semester.
To be named to the Dean’s List at Texas State, a student must earn a minimum gradepoint average of 3.50 while carrying a class load of at least 12 semester hours.
Those Rockdale students were: Larissa Nicole Bland, Mark Thomas Brown, Charles Colton Caf fey, Ivory Nicole Douglas, Alethea E. Maldonado, Lukas Michael Schweitzer and Kelsey L. Teague.
Project Grad schedule barbecue chicken dinner
Rockdale Project Graduation will hold a barbecue chicken dinner fund-raiser on Sunday, April 21 at Rockdale KC Hall, according to Debbie Brinkley, spokesperson.
Serving will be from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m., dine in or carry out.
Desserts will also be available.
Tickets are $8 per plate and are on sale now from any Rockdale Project Graduation Senior.
For more information, call Brinkley at 512-446-5884.