Stash Your Trash Day March 23
Rockdale residents—and only Rockdale residents— who want to get rid of spring cleaning trash can do so at a citywide Stash Your Trash Day March 23.
Hours are 8 a.m. to 12-noon at Fair Park.
City Manager Kelvin Knauf reminded that the event is only for those who reside within the city limits of Rockdale.
“Residence will be verified at the site,” he said. “City residents may bring a driver’s license and water bill to verify that they live within the city limits.”
Containers will be placed at Fair Park for free disposal of miscellaneous household items (old furniture, mattresses and other items).
Knauf noted that such items may also be placed at the curb throughout the year on your regular pickup day or by scheduling a special pickup with IESI, the city’s trash collection contractor.
On March 23, residents will enter Fair Park through the main gate on Mill Street, then look for signs directing them to the stash your trash location.
• Please trim tree limbs, especially those close to curbs. There will be free chipping for limbs 4 inches or smaller at Fair Park.
• Tree limbs must be loaded from a truck or trailer.
• No motor oil will be accepted.
• Fair Park gates will be locked the weekend of March 23.
• Please separate metal from regular trash for easier disposal.
• Stash Your Trash is unable to accept batteries and any items which contain refrigerant, hazardous chemicals or paint in liquid form.
• Anyone needing help getting their trash to Fair Park on March 23 may call the City Public Works Department at 446-5620 or 446-7320.
“We also need volunteers with pickups and trailers to help collect items from households,” Knauf said. “Anyone wanting to volunteer should meet at the Mill Street yard (301 Mill) at 8 a.m. March 23 to clean up areas around town,” he said.