Rockdale gets POSGCD grant
The City of Rockdale will receive a $74,000 grant from the Post Oak Savannah Groundwater Conservation District (POSGCD) to replace 2,000 feet of six-inch water lines.
The city will be required to provide $26,000 in matching funds for the project.
That g rant was par t of $1,116,701.36 awarded to eight entities at Monday’s water conservation district board meeting.
Others were listed as follows:
• Southwest Milam Water Supply Corporation, $156,000.
• HDU Ser v ices, Yegua, $221,073.20.
• North Milam Water Supply Corporation, $96,200.
• City of Somerville, $212,075.
• Birch Creek Rec. WSC-1, $176,096.80.
• Clay WSC, $139,816.36.
• Marlow WSC- Phase 1, $41,440.