‘Fugitive’ draws indictments from March 15 chase, scuffle
Samuel Martin “Marty” Wesson was indicted for prohibited substance in a correctional facility, assault on a public servant, evading arrest with a motor vehicle, possession of a controlled substance and theft ($1,500 to $20,000).
Wesson was wanted on several warrants in three counties and “had been eluding authorities for two months” when Milam authorities received a tip March 15 that he was staying with grandparents in Tanglewood.
Officers located his pickup south of Milano, a vehicle and foot chase followed and an arrest was made after a fight involving Milam County Deputy Sheriff John Mendoza.
Wesson was jailed on bond totaling $335,000.
Prosecutor Bill Torrey listed other indictments as follows:
• Michael Brandon Stark, 24, Smithville, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver.
• Fred Russell Jr., 58, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance (less than one gram).
• Paul Allen Steele, 39, Buckholts, abandoning/ endangering a child.
• Shawn Hernandez, 30, Rockdale, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
• James Alton Trawick, also known as Michael Shane Walker, 34, Rockdale, forgery of a financial instrument by passing.
• Nathan Andrew Willingham, 27, Rockdale, prohibited substance in correctional facility.
• Quillan Marquiec Davis, 18, Rockdale, aggravated assault with deadly weapon, aggravated assault family member with deadly weapon.
• J’Juan Demontrey Anderson, 17, Cameron, possession of controlled substance in a drug-free zone.
• George Noel Shaw, 54, San Antonio, unauthorized use of motor vehicle.
• Veranda Delaine Crawford, 41, Rockdale, DWI with child passenger.
• Benjamin J. Feitl, 26, Rockdale, engaging in organized criminal activity.
• Timothy Lee Kuentsler, 47, Rockdale, engaging in organized criminal activity, theft of property ($20,000 or more), burglary of a building, theft of copper.
• Jenna Ashley Modi, 27, Bryan, DWI with child passenger.
• Steven Leigh Davenport II, 35, Rockdale, possession of a controlled substance, burglary of building.
• Tyler Phillips, 17, Milano, possession of a controlled substance.
• Christopher Paul Deere, 38, Taylor, sexual assault of a child.
• Michael Howard Bradley, 44, Cameron, assault on a public servant.
• Clinton Wayne Shaw, 43, Rockdale, assault causes bodily injury, family violence with previous conviction.
• Kris Lee Box, 51, Rockdale, theft of property (over $20,000).
• James Earl Johnson, 23, Cameron, tampering with evidence, evading arrest with motor vehicle.
• Herman Miller Griffith, 22, Thorndale, sexual assault of a child, arson of habitation, burglary of habitation.
• Stephen Louis Fowler, 48, Milano, theft of property ($1,500 to $20,000).
• Jennifer Curtis Combs, 45, Round Rock, possession of a controlled substance.
• Marcus Drew Gilbert, 42, Somerville, burglary of a building, theft of copper.
• Jose Angel Ruelas Jr., 19, Rockdale, stalking.
• Justin Garner Stiles, 33, Thrall, possession of a dangerous drug in a drug-free zone.
• Berthrum Donnell Everage, 36, Rockdale, aggravated assault with serious bodily injury.